2016 So Far

Thursday 12 May 2016


Hello! Notice anything different? If you’re an old follower of My Sleepy Fairytale, you may have noticed that my blog’s design has changed. This is because I’ve moved it over from Wordpress to Blogger. If you’re new to my site, then welcome! Take a look around – I even have a little About Me page.

My main reason for moving was simply that I felt there wasn’t much room exploration or design on the free Wordpress site, whereas Blogger has a lot more exciting features for me to play with. Hopefully, we’ll be able to go on a big Blogger adventure together and discover all of the exciting nooks and crannies of the site. Who knows where we’ll end up?

I’m afraid this post may be a bit of a rollercoaster as my aim is to explain where I’ve been (or where my head has been) for the last few months. It has been crazy. Coming into 2016, I expected the year to be all smooth and sparkles but I was being a bit naïve. Of course, there have been plenty of lovely, sparkly moments in the months, but there have also been a few horrible, gloomy ones, too. I don’t want to make you sad so I won’t dwell on them, but just to make you aware, this is what has been happening in my life…

Back in February, my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer. Don’t worry, she’s doing absolutely amazingly! The chemotherapy is working and everything is going the way it should be, but it has sometimes been difficult. She’s giving that monster one hell of a fight, and she’ll be perfectly healthy again in no time.

We’ve had to give up a few family things like a holiday to the seaside and a theatre trip, but they’re barely sacrifices when we know that mum is getting better and better with every treatment. Cancer’s a bitch but we’re going to win.

However, despite this horrible thing happening to our family, there has also been a huge, amazing, beautiful thing happen to us, too.

My sister had a baby! Pandora Lily Emmans was born on 20th April, and she is the most beautiful little creature I have ever met. The moment I woke up that morning and found my phone flooded with photos of the new member of our family, there were many happy tears. I absolutely love her. I got to meet her a couple of weeks ago and just wanted to cuddle her all day.

I am going to make it a personal mission to be the best aunt in the world. Even though she lives two hours away, I’m always going to be there for her and love her with all my heart. She is like a little miracle sent to remind us all of the beauty and innocence in the world, and to remind us to smile. Because you can’t not smile when you’re snuggling this little panda.

Currently, I am in the middle of the final rush of coursework at university, and I can’t wait to get it all handed in and go home. Although it will mean leaving my halls of residence and Uni Family, I think I am ready for a good, long, relaxing break. There will be many tears shed on move out day, but I’ll see everyone again in September.

What about you? How has your 2016 been so far? I’d love to hear from you. Let’s chat!



Love from Beth J x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS