New Year in Poole

Thursday 12 January 2017

Agh, I’m such a bad blogger! I wrote this post last week and completely forgot to upload it. And my only excuse is that I was too busy sitting around stuffing my face with Christmas chocolate and drinking pints of tea. But anyway, here is my first blog post of 2017.
I was fortunate enough this New Year to be whisked away to Poole by Tommy. We stayed in the Holiday Inn by the Dolphin shopping centre, which was super convenient because it was just across the road from where our coach dropped us off. It was lovely there, and we got a complimentary breakfast every morning which was perfect. Last time we were in Bournemouth, we had to go out for breakfast every morning which was a bit of a pain.
On New Year’s Eve, I wore the pinafore dress and knee-high boots that my parents got me for Christmas, along with my trusty Hogwarts crest t-shirt. I can’t talk enough about how much I love this outfit. Its just so comfy! And although the boots have a heel, they’re really easy to walk in and keep my legs lovely and toasty.
By the way, I know how awkward I look in this photo. But I loved this outfit so much that I felt like it needed sharing!
After breakfast, Tommy and I went out into the town to spend a little bit of Christmas money. With a New Year’s goal of experimenting more with make-up, I bought a new Nix lipstick in the shade ‘tea rose’ and a lip primer, hoping to make it last for longer. The lipstick I’d been wearing before had been really cheap and never lasted for more than twenty minutes. After trying my new lipstick later in the day, I was pleased to discover that it lasted a lot longer.
Once we’d finished shopping, we stopped in Starbucks for a little smoothie/hot chocolate date. The cranberry cheesecake muffins are my favourites. I need to know how to make them myself! If anyone has a recipe for these, please throw it my way.

We then had a walk down to the quay where we met Tommy’s dad and went for lunch. This also gave me an opportunity to take lots of pretty pictures when we walked around some of the old houses in the town.





When lunch was over, we went for a drive to the Sandbanks and gazed longingly at all the gorgeous big houses there. If only we could ever afford one of them! Then we went for a walk around Poole Park before heading back to the hotel. I was happy to kick my boots off by then, but we’d had a lovely afternoon.

In the evening, I wasn’t feeling too well but we went to Tommy’s friend’s house to celebrate New Year’s Eve, where we ate lots of tasty food and Tommy and I both played Pictionary for the first time ever.
On Sunday, I really wasn’t feeling well so I didn’t take any photos but we had another lovely day. We went to Tommy’s dad’s house where we ate pizza and I was shown photos of Tommy when he was little. It was a nice, relaxing New Year’s day.
I hope you all had a lovely start to the New Year too, and I wish you all an amazing 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS